According to the authorities, a home is burglarized once every 15 seconds in the United States. Whether you are present or not when it happens, a break-in can permanently shatter your feeling of security at home. There are a few simple precautions you can do to dramatically reduce the risks of an invader. Here are some tips to prevent home burglaries:
- Use a heavy duty deadbolt on your door. If you’ve just moved into a new residence, make sure to have the locks changed. Secure your patio door with a pin-type lock, a key lock, or a steel rod inserted into the door channel.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked before leaving your house.
- If you do have windows open while at home, they should be open no more than 4 inches and secured to prevent from further opening to prevent an intrusion.
- Use a timer to keep a light on in your home, even when you’re not home. You can also use timers for a radio and make sure it is loud enough to be heard from the exterior.
- Keep your car locked, even if it’s in the garage. If you park your car on the driveway, keep your garage door opener hidden or better yet, not in the car at all, to prevent a burglar from gaining access through the garage.
- Keep the exterior of your home well lit at night, including the sides and backyard area.
- Keep valuables out of sight from a window. Store valuables and important documents in a safe place to prevent a “smash and grab” to get at your valuables.
- Avoid telling strangers your daily routines and limit what you post on social media about vacation plans or “checking in” to places your visit on a day to day basis.
- Never leave notes on your front door that would tip off a burglar.
- If going out of town, have a trusted friend or neighbor collect newspapers and mail while you are away. Also, have them put your garbage cans out to the street and haul them back on trash day.
- If you have an alarm system, test it regularly and make sure to arm it every time you leave.
Despite the best prevention, if someone does break into your home, DO NOT engage! Call the police immediately!
Original Article Here: Tips To Prevent Home Burglaries
Related Article Here: Protect Yourself Against Home Burglary
Home burglary can happen anytime if you are lack with security measures at your home. Don’t wait this to happen! Ask Quick Locksmith Hallandale Beach for a professional help!